Friday, October 31, 2008

D&G sample saleing

Vest Camilla Staerk, top Mango, scarf Salvatore Ferragamo, bag Chloe, trousers D&G, shoes vintage.

Dress D&G, cardigan Massimo Dutti, scarf Louis Vuitton, shoes vintage.

It's sample sale season. Prada's was a couple of weeks ago, Max Mara was this week as was D&G and Vivienne Westwood starts 10 November. I went along with come colleagues on my consulting job to D&G - WOW! It was cheap. Most items were 90% off. I got this black pencil dress for $127.50 and the tweed distressed trousers for $180. Just fab!

The dress has a patent leather attached belt and a large gold exposed zip up the back - and pockets! I do love a dress with pockets. The trousers have distressed raw seams on the leg and waist. They're uncuffed, a touch short and I think they look great rolled.

While a bit more conservatively dressed than usual, I've been consulting the past couple of weeks. Soon I'll be back to my usual style.

I also bought another denim corset style dress with an attached red patent leather belt and straps. It looked fine while i was fighting to see the mirror in the crowded communal dressing rooms, but i put it on at home and it's SOOO low. The vest nearly extends to my naval and I don't think it's my thing. I'll just write it off as a sample sale mistake. We all have those right?

1 comment:

  1. You STOLE tht dress! Good job. It looks perfect with the red cardigan. Very chic.

    Can you wear the too-low dress and fill the top with jewelry..tons of necklaces or chains to feel less exposed??

    ReplyDelete