Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hello navel! I've missed you


Six weeks post baby and half the weight gone. I've become reacquainted with my belly button and some of my regular clothes. However that was the easy weight and the next half isn't going to be quite so easy.

Having been given the all clear by my doctor last week we went for our first family run on the weekend. It was a moment I have been waiting for for 10.5 months. My double jogging stroller was my first purchase when I found out about pregnancy number 2. I'd enjoyed my morning runs with Master R along the Hudson River and couldn't wait to start again. My single jogger was left in the caring hands of Mama A (I hope you're using it!).

When we moved back to London the main criteria for a house was proximity to a large park so I could jog. We're right near Victoria Park, one of London's best kept secrets. At one stage deer roamed free but now it's just a huge park with great running paths and gardens.

Mr M and I were a little concerned about Master T's head wobbling around too much but we secured it with blankets and did a few test runs and he seemed very content nestled into the side of the seat.

The last time I went for a run was December '08 so I wasn't expecting much. However I surprised myself, and Mr M, by running the full planned distance of approximately 6kms/4 miles. I did feel it the next day though.

Both boys loved it. Master R loves looking at the ducks and "eich", abbreviated German for squirrels, which we have to acknowledge every time he sees one. Master T just slept. Let's hope it continues because I still have quite a few lbs to lose!

3 comments:

  1. Good job, Mama N! I remember being devastated by the changes in my body after Master X was born... working out religiously really helped both my head and my physique. Keep it up... I'm sure you already look great.

    P.S. I hope you didn't leave your stroller with me because I've never seen nor used it! :) I know Mama V is getting a ton of use out of the one she inherited, though! I've seen her many times with my own eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops! Mama V sorry. Brain not working...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post reminded me of that amazing, refreshed feeling you get from having a good workout. It clears your head and gives you great energy for the day. It is so nice that you have a park nearby to make going on a run more convenient. I can't wait to return to my chatarangas and headstands next year. Right now Miss L is the only one practicing yoga in our house. She makes me roll out the mat so she can practice one-legged dog.

    ReplyDelete