Monday, August 9, 2010

Simple crafting: Memo board

We have a lovely white wall that's been crying out for colour. I also wanted a memo board to display the boys' "artwork" from nursery, birthday party invites, lottery tickets etc.

All you need is shown here in the picture. A corkboard, fabric to fit with at least a 1cm hem all the way around, string (or ribbon is even better), drawing pins and some cute mini pegs. This fabric is leftover from the cushion covers I made for our lovely Ikea chairs.

Press the fabric and fold over the hem. Secure it to the corkboard with the drawing pins ensuring that you space the pins evenly. I was two pins short so added some coloured tacks at the top corner. Wrap the string around the pins and clip on some mini pegs.

As soon as we move into our new place I can mount this properly to the wall. At the moment it's on a temporary hook. Still, it's effective and now is covered in cards and art from my little Picasso's .


No comments:

Post a Comment