Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't Brits eat ice cream???

Source: Haagen-Dazs

I can't believe this. I've looked in three different Tescos and 2 Sainsburys, 2 M&Ss ("we don't even have a freezer") and multiple little newsagents/food stores and I CAN'T FIND ICE CREAM!!!

Two years ago when I lived in London I could buy it, although not in the variety of flavours offered in New York. Now I can't buy it for love or money. And it's all that I really crave as I head into my second semester. What is better than sitting on the sofa watching late night TV and eating a pint, yes a whole pint, of ice cream? Hmm I can't think of much.

I do eat healthy 90% of the time but enjoy my little indulgences in moderation. 1 pint really is in moderation. Just don't look at the calories on the back!

A friend in Notting Hill can buy it at her local supermarket so I'll visit her later in the week and buy a few to keep me going for the next month.

1 comment:

  1. That is a crime - no ice cream in London. I thought of you while using your blender on Saturday night. I sent Mr. R out for peanut butter cup ice cream to make milkshakes. Sadly, Godiva was already closed. They were yummy. Gotta love pregnancy cravings! Hmm- maybe I'll go make one now.

    ReplyDelete