Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weaning mama

Source: Childbirth Connection

Sunday morning Master R awakes at his usual time of 6:30am and starts calling out "mama!". I stumble into his room semi awake and bring him back to our bed, bring down the strap of my nighty and put my breast to his mouth. Nothing unusual yet. But then instead of suckling ferociously as usual he chomped on me and started screaming! I tried again and nothing. He was refusing the breast.

I took him to the kitchen and poured milk into his sippy cup, returned to bed and he gulped it down in less than a minute, returned to bed and slept for another hour. He might have been content, I was devastated.

While I know that now I'm pregnant weaning was inevitable. I had just imagined switching from one baby to the next. I really enjoyed those morning feeds and cuddles. But Master R has had the final say on this matter, as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment