Thursday, June 4, 2009

A finished project - finally!

Moving, sorting, working and just living have taken up so much time that I've had very little time to do any knitting/crocheting recently. Luckily though having grown up with me crafting, Master R doesn't mind playing while I sit on the sofa watching and working away with my hook or needles. It's during this time that I get the most work done on my projects.

I actually bought this yarn about a year ago when a friend told us she was having a girl. But when I started work on this crocheted blanket I decided there was far to much work involved to give it away and I'd keep it for my girl - if I have one!

I'm so pleased with the result. I didn't do the vertical embroided stripes, just the red horizontal ones mainly because I didn't like the way it looks where you secure the threads to the edge. It looks too messy for my liking. It also looked exactly the same as a Burberry plaid and that's way to chav (British word of the month). All I need now is a baby girl. If not the next person to have a girl can have it since the way I'm feeling right now, there will only be two kiddies in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment