Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Another finished object

I'm exhausted here so just a quick post to say that I actually finished something! Hurrah. This is my lovely new blanket, Sweet Lorraine Lace Throw (for those on Ravelry). I'm quite "hooked" on crochet at the moment and the speed that you can finish something spurs you on. It looks like a berry red in this picture but it's more of a deep blood red.

When I showed Mr M his comment was "It's not bright enough. I thought we were decorating this house with bright colours?". Ummm since when is red not bright? It's going to be part of a stack of blankets and cushions I plan to knit/crochet/sew and have in the hole that was once the fireplace until the owner unsympathetically covered it during renovation.

Now I'm going to sit on the sofa with my legs up and try not to fall asleep while knitting/crocheting something else. Just not sure what to start now. I'm not doing any baby things until I know what I'm having. So it's just knitting for the home and me!

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Mama N! I especially love the name :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did think of you as I was crocheting it. I hope you're well. I'm sure Master L is so grown up now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the throw! And I do agree that it is a perfect bright color. You are inspiring me to start crocheting (especially with my lovely intro book!). I'm wondering how long it took you to crochet it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm that's a good question. I started it, ran out of yarn and let it sit for a couple of weeks and then started again. So maybe 1-2 weeks of 1-2 hours a day? Crochet is quick. I also crocheted a scarf in the same pattern for a friend. It's much smaller but only took about 2-3 hours from my foggy memory.

    ReplyDelete