Friday, July 10, 2009

Beaten by a pip - here's my finished vest too



I feel a little sheepish posting this after Mama H! She just beat me to it though. I finished this last night and was going to post before going to bed but then cast on another project instead.
As Mama H said, the inspiration for this vest all started with Mama V's mother in law knitting one for the incredibly sweet Master K. Mama J then requested the pattern and started knitting it. She would have been the first finished but, despite much coaching from across the ocean, had some difficulty on the neck. I believe hers isn't quite there yet. Keep going though! You'll finish it.
As I say on my Ravelry page, this is terribly cheap but soft acrylic. The total cost of this vest was actually £1.25. But I wanted something that I could just throw on Master R when it was a touch chilly - which is often the case during a British summer - and not worry about curry stains. It also does very well in the washing machine, something I would NEVER do with wool - not even the machine washable stuff.
I'm quite pleased with mine. It's a touch big for Master R as you can see, and I accidentally over blocked it and it's a bit flat looking at the bottom. But one wash and it will be back to normal.
Please excuse the picture of my cheeky monkey who is still in his pjs and has breakfast all around his mouth!

2 comments:

  1. Mama N, I love the vest! What a great idea to knit acrylic to survive more wear and tear and more frequent use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing. I heard Mama J finished a really cute cupcake purse for a little girl's gift. I'd like to see a photo of the finished object, hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete